myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Mini scrapbook wedding gift.

Hello everyone from a very bleak, damp september day in the UK.  I am doing a quick post today of a wedding minibook I was asked to make as a wedding gift.  It captures the bride and groom as babies, children, teenagers then of course as a happy couple and is a brief journey of their lives growing up together, getting together and now getting married.  They got married in Cyprus last thursday and are currently on honeymoon.  They are having a wedding celebration next month on their return from Cyprus and will be presented with this gift by their close friends who ordered it.  The brief was keep everything black and white, no colour, which I found very difficult indeed.  As you can imagine, love hearts are  red ......well usually..... and to capture truest pictures they are in colour or else you dont know which baby is the girl mmmmmm.  So i strayed a little, I made the book and embellishments monochrome but kept the inside of the photo pockets colour to add dimension.
Then I made a quickie card again according to the very strict black and white brief and well it turned out ok although nothing a bit of colour wouldnt have enhanced ...or am i being too picky?
I made a photo collage of the bride and groom and printed it on centura pearl card stock in black and white.  Overall it is what they asked for and they are happy, I guess I just see where improvements could be made but then it wasnt for me so why argue!

No comments: