myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Sunday 9 August 2009

some days my art goes a bit daft!

there are days when my art work is confined to the paper in my sketch pad, then there are days when i get carried away with paper and card and origami galore, hats, bags, dinosaurs, butterflies and more. There there was one day when my daughter said mum I really like tattie bear, do you think you could draw that for me. Tattie bear is 'me to you ' bear and is a lovable fluffie hen toed bear who any girl would love.
So off I went to my craft room and found my paints, yep I was gonna try and replicate tattie bear......................ON HER BEDROOM WALL.........................I had never done a mural before but today is the day I thought.

You can see the results here.
I drew then I painted then I painted some more, then she came home from school and caught me with dust sheets everywhere and her bedroom was was a mass of colour.

She was delighted!
Thank heavens.

3 comments:

Granny P said...

24 cards in one weekend, I sometimes struggle to do one. Fan fold flowers are great - it's hard not to get carried away. Great way to use up scraps.

Granny P said...

PS Great job on the Tattie bear.

home is where the heart is said...

I know 24 cards on a weekend was a big ask but I was on a mission and if I hadnt done them they would have been lost in oblivion and some poor sod would never have got a thank you card for the pressie they gave Adam.